I am the Co-Founder and CEO of MIMOSA Diagnostics. We are a start-up company developing a novel handheld optical technology to aid in the treatment of diabetes patients. Our motto is to 'Save Limbs, and Save Lives'.
Diabetes Is A Global Tsunami. MIMOSA Is Part Of The Solution
- 422 million people were living with diabetes worldwide in 2014
- 1.53 million people in Ontario have diabetes
- treating diabetic foot ulcers costs the Canadian healthcare system $547 million annually
- every 20 seconds, someone in the world is losing their leg to diabetes
- 85% of amputations are preventable
- effective prevention strategies can reduce costs by almost 40 %